Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Beowulf Illustration


I put the final touches on this illustration today. Will try to post the WIPS soon. - db

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh wow, very nice! I love how Beowulf and Grendel both have different sort of skin textures. You've really improved on painting with this one (or I'm supposing, I don't think I've seen anything else like this from you... ). Beowulf's right hand looks almost photorealistic, and the shadows look great. It bugs me you can't see their feet, though I know why. This is still farther than I got with my piece. DX

Good job!

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much, SKS. I've never really attempted to "paint" like this in Photoshop before, so it was quite the experiment for me. I'm pleased the way it turned out. Like I said, I'll post some WIPS so show my process. (Hey! Do we care if people post each other's REAL names here? Just wondering what everybody thinks?) Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I like the highlight you added around Grendel; makes him really pop from the back ground. Very nice touch.

Sarah said...

Hahah! I don't care if you call me Sarah. There's a million Sarah's out there, and I have it on my blog anyway. XD