
Okay, here's mine. There's things I would have done differently, but maybe I'll revisit it later on. Actually, I think the cloth on the table works the best (actually looks painted as opposed to having the "thinking to hard" outcome the rest of the image has). But overall, I think its kind of a fun piece. I've gotten to really enjoy the character, so I think I'll be doing a series of these in the future, showcasing her more mainstream appearance and plot points. Its definitely been a good learning experience.
3 comments:
Hey this turned out great! I really like the way the cracked glass was colored and is highlighted in its own way instead of flatly mirroring the image. I would pay closer attention to anatomy next time; her hips seem too narrow, and her torso looks a little long. Good job though, and I hope you keep going!
Hey! This turned out nicely, Chris! I like the way you handled the mirror - the color treatment, and offset reflections work really well. Nice work.
So, here are some comments:
The textures used on the wall are nice, but are a little blurred. The intention is clear, but I think the blur of the actual texture is too apparent to help the piece. When everything else in the picture is sharp (outlines of the mirror and the figure), the wall would benefit from that clarity.
Overall, especially for the amount of saturation in the dress, it seems that there is too much black in the image. It seems to be shaded entirely in black, instead of using more complimentary colors to pop the image. On the subject of shading, it incredibly unsharp. If you picked your cast shadows more deliberately, the picture will look more realistic (which seems to be the style of choice for this Medusa piece).
I think the owl could have benefited from some reference. As could the collarbone on Medusa. The muscles have to converge in a V with the middle of the collarbone being the vertex.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7-HvPYdFXLE/Shjmq6Tfv5I/AAAAAAAAAvA/eXNzOXRIt8c/s1600-h/trixiemaybe+copy.jpg
I know this seems like I am being a jerk, but there were some things I did like... I liked the body language the hand conveyed... however the face needs to be more descriptive. Eyebrows will do that, obviously eyes will too. Eyebrows are much easier in conveying that though.
Post a Comment