Friday, July 31, 2009

Guess I'll be da fuyst...






first one is just a vector image, a still frame from a short animation about a drunk girl who thinks she's a woodland fairy (it was inspired by real events...its safer if you don's ask); but I liked the outcome, so figured I'd use it :) The second one is just a doodle in pen; the last two are digital paintings - first of which is an unfinished piece, the intent is kind of a twisted view of the Beauty and the Beast; and the last is a fan art piece of Venom.

Alrighty, load yer guns and take aim; the floor is yours :)

~ Chris

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the innaugural artwork posts, Chris! Real nice work. I like them all, and really like the texture you acieved on that first digital painting piece - way cool! What resolution were those last two pieces? Nice.

Sarah said...

I was wondering if this was gonna go anywhere! Thanks for being the first lemming.

And...very creepy stuff. Especially that second one. In a good way! Sorta.

First one looks almost like a quick painting rather than vector, good job with that! Sounds like a fun animation, might be interesting to see that online. Perhaps you could upload that too and link it here. The group isn't just about illustration, but also about animation. Course I guess that's only if you plan on doing more with it.

Anonymous said...

Haha, creepy, yeah, I guess. The zombie guy was a doodle I made in business law during school; so the nature of the image is understandable ;) (i think i was also on a Stephen Gammell kick, if I recall)

As for the resolution of the digital pieces, the first one is 300, but i think the venom one is only like 95...it was one of the first (of very few) digital paintings i ever did, so i hadn't thought of the whole "do this in a good resolution" thing.

Fedoruh said...

I think the strongest drawing here is the drunk girl... Not only does it have a lot of character, but it is just very well rendered. Very good foreshortening in both the arms and legs, and the pose is very whimsical. After you explained the concept, I immediately understood, just by looking at that pose. Very nice stuff going on there.

I really like the color on the Venom, I like the gold hues mixed with the teal/black. However, if you look at the waist/buttocks area, it seems to be a little too small for his build. His arms seem to suffer from the same thing. Also, reference how the neck connects to the jaw, as there are some issues with disconnect that can be worked out. These are all very easily fixed problems that I know you can correct to push this to another level.