Friday, September 10, 2010

Elf Alien and Beast





Here's one that I've been struggling with for a couple of days now. I liked the line art quite a bit but was NOT finding a color scheme and coloring method that appealed to me. In the end I had to compromise on both.

I'm not entirely sure why I am having such a difficult time with color palettes. I think it's time for me to do a few monochromatic coloring experiments just to work with values/tone and bit and not get so hung up on my crappy color choices.

To the batmobile!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! I actually really dig the colors here. The only critque I could give would be with the shadow underneath your stegosaurus-type guy. I guess it just due to darkness of the shadow, but the texture seems more intense then else where in the painting and keeps drawing my eye to it when i really should be looking at the characters. Other than that, i really dig it!