Monday, July 12, 2010

tarzan waterfall illustration


Tarzan ponders his humanity while discovering manmade waterfall deep in the jungle. I look forward to your thought and impressions. Thanks!

dn

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh man, the textures! I love them! I also really like the way you managed the water, it looks great. I definitely get that lush jungle feel here. I bet you learned a ton of things working on this, and I hope you'll continue to post things to the blog! :D

kakupacal said...

Really swell stuff! My favorite bits are the angular vine in the lower right, the rock table and diffused light above it and the crunchy little bits off to the lower left of the rock table.

My only HEAVY feedback is that putting the Tarzan character in for scale seems to have the opposite effect (for me) - rather than making the landscape look HUGE, it makes him look like he's a pygmy. Not sure if it has something to do with the scale of the plants, etc. but that's my take on it.

Matt said something about cropping the left third of the image into a vertical composition as a test and I agree that it would be a cool experiment (and maybe a crouching figure at the top of the rock).

Anonymous said...

I think this is a very good start, although the piece seemed unfinished to me. The left side is nicely refined, but then the right side feels flat.

More hilights and shadows added to the vines on the right would add some nice depth.

It could also be really nice to more clearly define the shoreline. Doing so would also visually lead the viewers eye from the left focal point over to the Tarzan figure.

Good stuff, David!