Okay, I'm actually REALLY proud of this. What started as a simple exercise turned into a two week long project and upon finishing it late last night, I'm surprised this came from me. Is it a masterpiece?....no, but its 100x better then where I was this time last year (thanks of course go to the Illustration Meeting and such). Yeah, its certainly not "hang up in the k12 hallways" worthy, but for me, being able to see the progression alone is more than enough. So, with out further ado, here it is:

And for comparison:

The change is staggering. I certainly have far to go still (like being able to do this consistently), but being able to look and see how far I HAVE come is really helpful and a great motivator. It has its errors and the subject matter is far from being original (fantasy future soldiers for the win!), but like i mentioned before, its the progression that I'm most proud of. :D
3 comments:
Holy craaaaaap.
That really is infinitely better. I'm amazed! Like, wow, that's a great comparison too. I'm probably regressing but this is great! Good job!
Chris,
Seriously.
WOW.
From the anatomy, to the color, to the textures, to the lighting - I genuflect in your general direction!
You have evolved.
Well done!
Pretty spiffy... but don't totally knock the older painting (the owl sculpture on the dresser is really swell) - the details that I like about the latest thing include the belly armor scales and the ribbing on the glove. One thing you might want to try and giving the gun a different color than the armor, ya know, for contrast.
Post a Comment