
Looking back at some of the earlier pages I realized they seemed almost too flat. For chapter 2 I've experimented more with texture brushes (though so far they only use one). But just one brush has made a big difference in the image. Even this one, which is really simple is much more interesting than simple gradients. Also prevents banding, which I didn't realize happening until near the end of chapter 1. As settings change and new characters arrive I might play even more and create my own brushes (the ones here were downloaded and modified from...DA I think).
Thanks for reading!
3 comments:
hoooooooleeeeeee crap.
one word: awesome.
Really like it, Sarah!
This is great! I'd love to see something like this animated... my only "critique" would be an interest in seeing the dark swirls withing the ice done with pale blues rather than gray. A faintly patterned/distressed pattern in the swirls would be neat as well...
Post a Comment