here's a fan art thing i've worked on here and there for a veeeeeeeeeery long time. its just an experiment with "dramatic" lighting - seeing how far i could push the dynamics of shadow versus light. I painted it all as though that was NOT the intent, but then added new shadow and highlight layers, playing with their levels and opacities. I think as an experiment it works. I'll be going back later on to finish it (messing with the darkness more - its helpful to see how drastic a change viewing it on different computers is - sharpening up certain parts, adding a few street lights/cars, so its not SUCH a black void down below, etc).Oh, and i SUPER cheated on the buildings. I downloaded Google Earth, turned on the 3d buildings feature, then scanned NYC till I saw some buildings and got an angle that I liked. Then I print screened it, added some filters, and did a quick paint job over it. Yeah...how do you like dem apples?
No comments:
Post a Comment